- Buy a certified used car, new cars are not worth the investment due to depreciation
- Check Yelp and ask family & friends before you go to a repair shop for the first time in order to avoid spending too much
- Nice car exteriors are important as it represents the owner however invest more on the interior for a safer ride.
Remember: “clothes and manners do not make the man; but when he is made, they greatly improve his appearance.”
- Before going on a long trip make sure you fuel the tank, check air pressure in tires and most importantly take food and drink with you.
- Most important gas saving tips are:
- stop speeding – aggressive driving can lower gas mileage by as much as 33% on the highway and 5% on city streets, stay within the speed limit
- use accelerator smoothly and naturally slow down instead of stepping on your brake suddenly
- gas cap fits properly – 17% of the vehicles on the road has gas cap problems causing 147 million gallons of gas to vaporize every year
- change air filters regularly – dirty air filters waste gas and cause the engine to lose power, changing air filter can improve gas mileage by 10%
- Always have an emergency savings fund prepared in case you have a costly repair in the future
- If you know enough about cars DIY is the least costly way of fixing your car. The second best option is finding a low-cost repair shop.
- To be green keep your car serviced regularly and purchase good tires decrease rolling resistance, and as a result, lower emissions and most importantly drive smart.
5 Star Car Title loans